Job Announcement: FLEX Recruiting Assistant
American Councils for International Education is hiring a full-time temporary FLEX Recruiting Assistant for the period August-December 2017.
The Recruiting Assistant will assist American Councils staff in recruiting applicants for the Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) Program. Recruiting Assistant duties will include but are not limited to: helping advertise the program through radio, television, newspapers, and word-of-mouth; arranging travel logistics and conducting on the spot problem solving; making presentations to large groups of people in Kyrgyz and Russian; helping conduct fair and impartial FLEX testing; interviewing candidates; checking the submitted documents of the participants, and carrying out associated record keeping and report writing, including submitting financial reports to the American Councils Financial Specialist.
The Recruiting Assistant will spend at least 50% of his/her time traveling throughout Kyrgyzstan, including to the areas of Balykchi, Jalalabad, Kant, Kara-Balta, Karakol, Kyzyl Kiya, Naryn, Osh, Talas and Toktogul. The Recruiting Assistant must be available to attend a mandatory training conference in Kyiv, Ukraine in late August.
- Native Kyrgyz or Russian (preference for both) and high fluency in English;
- Experience traveling under difficult conditions;
- Strong organizational and public speaking skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated time management skills;
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word programs;
- University degree;
- Alumni of U.S. Government sponsored exchange program;
- Ability to attend training in Kiev, Ukraine in late August.
All interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Sung In Marshall, Country Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “FLEX Recruiter Assistant” by Friday, August 4, 2017 at 17:00.
Please note: ONLY U.S. Government sponsored EXCHANGE Program Alumni Are Eligible to apply for this position.