Job Opportunity for FLEX Alumni ONLY
FLEX Alumni Coordinator Job Description
The Alumni Coordinator works with American Councils staff to coordinate and report on FLEX alumni activities in Kyrgyzstan. The Alumni Coordinator is supervised by the Country Director, in consultation with Irina Zaplatina, FLEX Program Specialist, and reports to both on a regular basis.
The goals of the alumni program are to encourage alumni involvement in a variety of activities, including: community service, civic participation, English language and American studies, professional and personal development and social events. Activities planned by the alumni should be balanced among these types of activities.
- Actively gather information about and promote awareness of alumni activities and accomplishments, including submitting timely reports to American Councils, posting regularly on relevant websites/social media, and representing the alumni community at meetings/fairs;
- Maintaining up-to-date alumni contact information in the official database;
- Working with supervisor to develop an annual calendar of alumni activities;
- Managing, tracking, and reporting on alumni activities budgets and spending, and handling alumni funds in compliance with local office finance and reporting procedures;
- Developing, overseeing and supporting a network of city and/or regional representatives, where deemed useful;
- Providing coordination, support, and encouragement to alumni as they plan and execute alumni activities, including providing assistance to alumni with grant and funding proposals;
- Organizing alumni meetings;
- Sharing communications from American Councils with all alumni;
- Disseminating information about FLEX alumni activities to all colleagues in the local office on a regular basis;
- Actively working to improve communication with alumni and to increase alumni involvement in the alumni community;
- Coordinating Reentry Seminars for newly returning alumni;
- Facilitating alumni engagement with all American Councils programs in the local office;
- Facilitating and promoting employment and career development opportunities for alumni;
- Liaising with local Embassy contacts as needed;
- Attending regular office staff meetings, where applicable;
- Other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD AND CONDITIONS
- Flexible part-time position; 20 hours per week
- Participation in mandatory training August 17-20, 2017
- Participation in training/shadowing period during the month of July
- Initial appointment for one year starting July 3, 2017 and ending July 31, 2018, with the possibility of extension for up to one additional year (two years maximum)
- Successful participation in the FLEX program
- Enthusiasm and talent for organizing events
- Previous active participation in alumni activities
- Ability to speak and write effectively in English and Russian/Kyrgyz
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience
- Willingness to learn and ability to comply with reporting procedures on activities and finances
- Comfort using social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office, and comfort learning new programs
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines consistently
- Completed the program no later than 2016 (alumni returning in 2017 are not eligible to apply)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JUNE 16, 2017 AT 5:00PM
TO APPLY: Please send your completed application (download link below) and a copy of your resume or CV and one recommendation letter from someone outside of the FLEX community to Country Director Sung In Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “FLEX Alumni Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted through Friday, June 16, 2017 at 5:00PM. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To download the application, click here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BShs1y8rgRcGxUUWlHb0d4N0U/view?usp=sharing