Job Announcement: U.S.-CAEF Program Assistant (Short-term)
The U.S.-CAEF Program Assistant will assist the Program Coordinator with recruitment, selection, and preparation for graduation ceremony within U.S.-CAEF Enterprise Fellowship Program, administered by American Councils. This is a temporary, short-term role from late December 2017 to early June 2018.
One key aspect of the Program Assistant’s role is to perform various administrative tasks associated with the U.S.-CAEF program, specifically related to the participant recruitment and selection.
U.S.-CAEF Program provides scholarships to undergraduate students to study Business or Economics at AUCA (in Kyrgyzstan) or KIMEP (in Kazakhstan) and supports students’ personal and professional growth through a variety of supplemental trainings and internships. Program Assistant will be responsible for assisting during the application process, for assisting in communication with on-program students, and for assisting with logistics for graduation events.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assists in recruitment, selection, and testing of program participants, including for internship programs according to the schedule provided;
- Develops positive and supportive relationships with all student fellows;
- Maintains close, regular and frequent communication with Program Coordinator;
- Demonstrates positive attitude and is positive representative of the program with the public or other partners;
- Provides input into annual and graduation report preparation according to schedule provided;
- Assists in organizing a large annual graduation event, including logistical support for high level guests;
- Maintains orderly records for all aspects of program administration;
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 1-2 years work experience (preferably in an international organization or firm);
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities while working independently;
- Ability to adhere to multiple deadlines in a high pressure environment;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to quickly respond to applicants requests;
- Excellent English, Russian and Kyrgyz language skills a must;
- Integrity and a can do attitude.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter to: Sung In Marshall, Country Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “U.S.-CAEF Program Assistant”. Deadline for applications is Wednesday, December 13 at 17:00. Interviews will take place on Friday, December 15.