Job Announcement: Temporary EducationUSA Adviser
American Councils in the Kyrgyz Republic is announcing an employment opportunity for a temporary EducationUSA Adviser to be employed on a short-term contract from June through October 2017.
The temporary EducationUSA Adviser in Bishkek will be responsible for providing daily advising on U.S. educational opportunities in-person, as well as outreach via electronic and other means. The EducationUSA Adviser will work closely with the Public Affairs Section of the US Embassy, and other EducationUSA Centers.
- Daily advising on U.S. educational opportunities to students, parents, and professionals;
- Full coordination and regular work with cohort advising groups (College Prep Club). This includes but is not limited to, regular individual virtual and in-person consultations with 20+ cohort students, full coordination of cohort curriculum implementation, etc.);
- Maintaining virtual and in-person outreach projects, including in the regions of Kyrgyzstan;
- Regular researching on advising questions, inquiries, and scholarship opportunities;
- Maintaining and updating supply of handouts and other informational materials;
- Assisting representatives of U.S. colleges and universities and evaluation agencies on Kyrgyzstan higher education institutions accreditation and credentials;
- Maintaining regular communication with American Councils offices, U.S. Embassy, and the Regional Educational Advising Coordinator and Kyrgyzstan educational institutions;
- Assist during planning and implementation of annual events, such as U.S. Education Fair, International Education Week, Alumni Fair, Pre-departure Orientation, and others;
- Conducting virtual and in-person presentations on application processes to U.S. colleges and universities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or equivalent in Education or Communications or relevant field (U.S. degree/study preferred);
- Verbal and written fluency in English and local languages (Russian and/or Kyrgyz);
- Knowledge of U.S. and Kyrgyzstan education systems;
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience with the U.S. educational system and/or U.S. Department of State educational exchange program(s);
- High level of attention to detail and demonstrated organizational ability;
- Excellent time management, planning and implementation, analytical, and computer/internet skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to international education and cultural exchange;
- Strong cross-cultural and communication skills;
- Experience in planning conferences, workshops, and other public events;
- Availability for work after regular working hours and on weekends as necessary.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter summarizing your interest and qualifications by March 31, 2017 to Country Director Sung In Marshall at email@example.com. Resumes will be considered on a rolling basis. Only finalists for the position will be contacted.
About EducationUSA: American Councils-administered EducationUSA Advising Centers are responsible for promoting U.S. higher education and for providing consultations to students and individuals on how to successfully apply to U.S. colleges and universities. EducationUSA centers provide information about testing (SAT, GRE, TOEFL), guidance on how to apply for financial assistance to study in the U.S., and offer monthly lectures and seminars on a broad range of United States educational opportunities and topics. Services and guidance to US higher education institutions on Kyrgyzstan’s education system and education market are also provided by the Center. The centers are part of a U.S. State Department-supported network of 400 worldwide EducationUSA Advising Centers.