Job Announcement: FLEX Program Assistant
American Councils in the Kyrgyz Republic is seeking a dynamic, flexible and highly organized individual to join our organization as a FLEX Program Assistant. The FLEX Program Assistant is responsible for assisting the FLEX Program Specialist in notification, orientation, travel logistics and ongoing support for students of the FLEX Program managed by American Councils. The Program Assistant will also conduct recruitment for the FLEX Program, including coordinating publicity about the program, organizing test centers, and conducting program participant tests and interviews.
This position includes extensive travel throughout Kyrgyzstan, and frequently requires flexible hours, including availability to work on evenings and weekends. Candidates must be available to attend mandatory training conferences in Kyiv, Ukraine in late March 2017 and late August 2017. The position is a one-year contract, with possibility for extension. The position is based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Promote the FLEX program in Kyrgyzstan by developing an advertising campaign, working with traditional and social media, mass mailings, etc.;
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for Notification Meetings, Pre-Departure Orientations and Outbound/Inbound Travel, including organizing accommodation, transportation, visa support for staff and students, etc.;
- Extensive travel around Kyrgyzstan from September-December to conduct recruitment, including testing large groups of students and conducting in-person interviews;
- Conduct follow-up with program participants to collect and track requested documents and information in a timely manner;
- Assist in all aspects of notification, orientation and travel support for participants;
- Support timely response to all program participant needs and requests in order to support students and their families before, during and after participation;
- Maintain close communication and positive working relationship with the FLEX Program Specialist;
- Other duties as required.
- Citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (language, education, etc.);
- Participation in FLEX or other US exchange programs (FLEX Alumni strongly preferred);
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to international education and cultural exchange;
- Ability to travel frequently and work outside regular working hours;
- Native Kyrgyz or Russian language skills (preferred both), fluent English;
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word programs.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, MARCH 6, 2017 AT 5:00PM
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume/CV to Country Director Sung In Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “FLEX Program Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted through Monday, March 6, 2017 at 5:00PM. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
About the FLEX Program: The Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) Program is a US government sponsored program that supports high school students to study for one year in a US high school. The goal of the FLEX program is to promote mutual understanding between citizens of the United States and countries across Europe, Eurasia and Central Asia while giving students from these regions the opportunity to learn about the U.S. and its institutions and also teaching Americans about their countries.
About American Councils: American Councils ACTR/ACCELS is a non-profit, educational and exchange organization. American Councils administers programs for the U.S. Department of State and other U.S. Federal agencies which include academic exchange, professional training, institution building, research, curriculum and materials development, technical assistance, and consulting.